Your responsibilities as a coordinator include training, teaching, inspiring, and overseeing counselors and assistant coordinators; contacting and working with various venue staff; and ensuring the logistical success of your session. Additionally, coordinators work with the administrators, session-directing couple, and office staff to oversee FSY sessions and participants.
Be a friend and a mentor to your assistant coordinators. Help look after their spiritual, emotional, and physical needs.
- Be sure the assistant coordinators have sufficient time for daily scripture study.
- Teach them as you are prompted by the Spirit.
- Be an example.
- Be aware of their needs through frequent communication. Ponder, plan, and act to meet those needs.
- Support them in the various duties and responsibilities they oversee.
- Encourage them, offer advice and counsel, and express your appreciation often.
- Counsel and correct them when expectations and objectives of the FSY program are not being met. Do so with love.
- (Optional) Take time to write notes of encouragement and gratitude to the assistant coordinators.
- Be aware of the health of the assistant coordinators.
- Make sure they eat well and get as much sleep as possible during FSY.
Read more about your role in the fsy staff handbook.